A coach talks to a group of girls during his session

Safeguarding and Welfare

Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.

Safeguarding & Welfare FAQs

Yes, you need to contact your County FA to do this. We need the full details of the individual before searching records. This must include full birth name, address & DOB. The merge takes 48 hours to complete. 

Yes, find out how you can renew online here

We can only process a DBS (Criminal Records Check) if you are a member or going to join the FA Licensed Coaches Club. Detail of how to do this can be found on our coaches page.

Please email fachecks@thefa.com informing that you wish to register your club with their service. 

Please email fachecks@thefa.com, informing them that you are the Club Welfare Officer and want to be added as a verifier. Also, if the previous CWO is no longer with the club, please ask for them to be removed. 

The original email sent from FA Checks, has this guidance. 

Please contact our Football Development Administrator Jacob Ballheimer on jacob.ballheimer@middlesexfa.com who will be able to look into this. Please provide all relevant information such as FAN, Full Name and DOB.


Those can be a verifier are: Club Secretary, Club Chairman and Club Welfare Officer. 

Can't find the answer?

If your query is not answered here contact:

Sharon Porter: 0208 515 6909


Neill Fowler: 0208 515 6903


Related Articles

View All