Club Affiliation 2018/19
It's time to start thinking about getting ready for next season. Check out this useful guide we've put together on how you can complete your club affiliation with Middlesex FA for the 2018/19 season.
All clubs have until 6th July to affiliate without incurring a late fee, after which a fine of £25 will be applied, to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date.
When does the affiliation window open?
Clubs and leagues can affiliate through the Whole Game System ('WGS') between the following dates:
Opens - Thursday 24th May 2018
Closes - Friday 6th July 2018*
*All clubs have until 6th July to affiliate without incurring a late fee, after which a fine of £25 will be applied, to be paid within 14 days of the invoice date.
What do we have to do before affiliating?
Before starting the affiliation process all clubs should:
- Purchase Personal Accident Insurance though Bluefin
- Ensure all invoices from last season are paid
- Ensure all player suspensions from last season have been assigned fixtures (unless the suspension is carrying over to next season)
In addition youth clubs also need to:
- Check all Coaches have an in date CRC and are listed on WGS
- Check all mandatory officials are remaining in place (Secretary, Chairman, Treasurer and Welfare Officer)
- Check all mandatory officials (Secretary, Chairman, Treasurer and Welfare Officer) have completed the Committee Members Safeguarding course and that it is hasn't expired
- Check that the Welfare Officer also has the other mandatory qualifications (FA Safeguarding Children in Football Workshop, Welfare Officers Workshop) and an in date CRC
Guidance notes on how to access the Committee Members Safeguarding course can be found here.
How do we affiliate?
The affiliation process should be completed via Whole Game System. For existing clubs the affiliation forms will already be populated in the system and you will be able to login and simply edit details that have changed from the season before.
When using Whole Game System your application does not have to be completed in one go. You can always save your progress and come back to it at a later time, which can be particularly useful if you are a large club.
The following video also offers step by step guidance on the process of club affiliation through Whole Game System:
What if we are a new club?
If you are a new club you will first need to call us on 0208 515 1919 or email email@example.com with the following details:
- Club Name
- Name/DOB/address/telephone/email of the Treasurer/Secretary/Chairman (these can be the same person)
We will then add you to the system and provide you with your login details for Whole Game System.
Middlesex FA will also be hosting a New Clubs and Officials Workshop giving club members an insight into running and administering a grassroots football club. You can find out more about the workshop and book, here.
Managing Discipline Online
Middlesex FA discipline is available online, enabling clubs, leagues and referees to process their discipline matters at their own convenience.
This is all done online through the Whole Game System. Clubs can acknowledge and pay for discipline cases, leagues can view suspensions and their online statement and referees can upload discipline reports.
Please see our discipline page for assistance on your day-to-day discipline processing.
It is our intention to have as many Clubs as possible using the online system by the start of the 2018/19 season. All clubs will automatically be placed Online for Discipline once the 2018/19 affiliation is completed. If you have any questions regarding this then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get further support with my affiliation?
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need some advice please contact the office on 0208 515 1919 or email email@example.com and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
Not renewing your affiliation?
If you are not planning to re-affiliate for the 2018/2019 season, we would appreciate if you could let us know and we will update our records accordingly.