- UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 has announced Fan Festivals will be popping up across England when the tournament kicks off on 6 July
- All 9 host cities will put on Fan Festival events throughout July
- At the heart of the festival will be the Fan Parties where friends, families and local residents can gather together to enjoy food, music and entertainment
- Tickets for matches are still available at www.uefa.com/womenseuro/ticketing
UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 has announced a huge festival of football this summer, with celebrations taking place across the country when the tournament gets underway at Old Trafford on 6 July.
All nine host cities across England will stage a series of exciting events for fans to help them get involved in Europe’s biggest ever women’s sporting event.
Iconic locations across the country will be transformed into Fan Parties, where supporters of all nations and families can gather to enjoy food, music and entertainment, as well as watch some of the world’s best players in action on large screens.*
Matchdays won’t be the only chance for fans to experience the atmosphere of the tournament. Throughout July the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 events programme will host a range of arts, heritage and music activities all inspired by the record-breaking tournament.
UEFA Women’s EURO 2022, Head of Tournament Delivery, Chris Bryant said: “Showtime is almost upon us. UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 will be a landmark, ground-breaking tournament in so many ways and not just for the fantastic football on the pitch.
“All of our host cities are planning events before, during and after games. Whether you are a diehard football fan or just looking to enjoy your first tournament, we want everyone to share in the momentum of this event. There will be concerts, exhibitions, fan parties, match screenings, workshops and much more.”
Nine host cities will play host to 31 games as well as an action packed line-up of entertainment for fans to enjoy. The host cities are Brighton & Hove, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Rotherham, Sheffield, Southampton, Trafford and Wigan & Leigh.
More information about the Fan Parties and the full Fan Festival programme for each city is now available on the official Event Companion on the UEFA Women’s EURO mobile app at https://womenseuro.page.link/2sZD
UEFA Women’s EURO England 2022 brings the tournament back to England for the first time since 2005. Tickets are on sale now for fans to experience a record-breaking tournament that aims to unite football and communities and amplify the growth of the women’s game.
Prices start at £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s. Visit www.uefa.com/womenseuro/ticketing
For more information about the exciting Arts & Heritage programme running alongside the tournament visit www.thefa.com/weuro2022Arts
London’s Fan Party will take place at Trafalgar Square from 11am-6pm everyday from Saturday 23 July to Sunday 31 July (after final whistle on 31 July). The nine-day event will offer free entertainment for all fans, including:
- A ‘Bend it Like Beckham’ screening celebrating 20 years since the film’s release
- A live screening of the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Final
- FA Disability Day featuring exhibition games and coaching sessions
- A pop-up football pitch featuring exhibition games and coaching sessions
- Live panel discussions, interviews and music
- Food and drink
- Official UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 partner activities from The LEGO Group, Just Eat, Volkswagen, Doritos, Starling Bank and Gillette Venus
For more information visit https://www.uefa.com/womenseuro/event-guide/london/