Now in its eighth year, the competition was set up to promote Futsal, offer an opportunity to try Futsal in a competitive environment and also to provide a route into The FA Youth National Futsal Cup. These aims have not changed and as the seasons go by it is been great to see more and more teams be involved in this competition.
For those not familiar with the format, Futsal is a five-a-side game, normally played on a flat indoor pitch with hockey sized goals and a ball with a reduced bounce. Futsal by its nature places a large emphasis on technical ability in situations of high pressure, and proves an excellent tool for players to develop their technique.
How does it work?
The Middlesex FA Youth Futsal Cup will take place across the county through November & December 2019. It is open to all boys and girls aged 9 to 16 years and it costs just £30 per team to enter.
We will be running separate competitions for boys and girls for the following age groups. This competition is open to teams participating in affiliated Middlesex FA youth leagues and Middlesex FA affiliated Futsal teams. Please note there will only be spaces for 4-6 teams per age group.
• U10 (U9 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/09 to 31/08/11)
• U12 (U11 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/07 to 31/08/09)
• U14 (U13 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/05 to 31/08/07)
• U16 (U15 teams are eligible enter - player age eligibility 01/09/03 to 31/08/05)
The selection criteria for the Hertfordshire FA Youth Futsal Cup 2019/20 are as follows:
1. Middlesex FA Affiliated as a specific Charter Standard Youth Futsal Team
2. Middlesex FA affiliated as a specific Youth Futsal Team
3. Middlesex FA affiliated Charter Standard Club
4. Middlesex FA affiliated Club
Winners of the Middlesex FA Youth Futsal Cup will have the opportunity to represent the county and play in a national competition where they could end up facing some of the top sides in the country in this exciting, fast-paced game, played across the world and officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA.
The deadline for applications is Friday 25th October 2019, please note that dates and venues may be subject to change.