Middlesex referee Sobastian Fraser officiating the U14 Cup final

University Transfers

Refereeing whilst at University

Every season thousands of referees up and down the country leave home and start their time at university.

So whether you're moving out of the county, or moving in, we want to make sure you're able to continue refereeing whilst you study for your future career. 

Continuing to referee with a new County FA will not only allow you to stay involved In the game and continue to develop as a referee, but it also provides  you with additional income to support your studies and can help you get to grips with your new community. 

Moving to Middlesex?

There are plenty of opportunities available to referees moving to study here in Middlesex. However, in order to take advantage of these we will need to affiliate you with Middlesex FA. Once you have confirmed your move, contact us and we'll talk you through the affiliation process (it's really simple!).  

Leaving Middlesex?

If you're leaving Middlesex to study elsewhere in the country, you will need to affiliate with your new County FA. However, if you are planning to come home regularly, you can still be used by Middlesex FA and be an associate member of the new county you have moved to. If you're unsure of the best route to take, give us a call and we'll talk it through with you. 


Frequently asked questions regarding University transfers. 

Yes, especially if you are going home at any time. As long as you are a registered referee, you can referee anywhere in England.

Referees only need to register with their parent county (where they live) each season but can register with another County FA (for free) as an Associate Member.

Get In Touch

Think you're ready to take the next step in your refereeing career? Get in touch and we'll let you know the next steps.

By Phone: 020 8515 6910

By Email: referee@middlesexfa.com