Trey Frempong shoots...


Jim Taylor

The second round of this season’s Middlesex Under 15 Cup was contested on Sunday, 20th November and your roving team watched the tie between Isleworthians Youth U15 Reds and Halliford Colts U15 Boys at the Memorial Ground in Isleworth.

Along with the other spectators, who numbered over 40, we witnessed a well contested and enjoyable match, which was played and watched in an excellent spirit.   Both sides played good passing football but the home side had the edge throughout.   They dominated the first half and were well worth their 2-0 interval lead.   The second half was more evenly contested but Isleworthians had the majority of the many goal scoring chances that became available.   However, they only added one more goal to their tally.

Louis Keane saves Alfie Hunt's shot...

Isleworthians took the lead in the 8th minute, through Thomas MOkpon, who netted from close range after Halliford keeper, Louis Keane had made a good save from Alfie Hunt.

...and Thomas MOkpon nets the rebound

The home team were serving up some excellent football and keeping Louis Keane and his defence very busy.   Alfie Hunt tested Louis with a well hit shot.   Then Louis was called on to make a double save from Alfie and then Thomas.   Next Thomas beat Louis to a through ball but shot just wide.

The keeper saves from Alfie Hunt (4)

Alfie worked his way through the defence but the keeper saved his high shot.

Trey Frempong shoots...

The Isleworthians’ pressure produced a second goal in the 29th minute, when Trey Frempong collected a loose ball and netted.

...and nets Isleworthians' second goal

Halliford’s Aymen Hussain broke out and went on a good run but he was dispossessed through the weight of defensive numbers.

Toby Hore hit an Isleworthians’ free kick, from around 30 yards, past the post.   Another free kick, taken by skipper Igor Zelechowski was scrambled away.

Score at half time: Isleworthians Youth Reds 2   Halliford Colts Boys 0

Seth Birungi Rao saves at Riley Green's feet

A good cross-field ball by Halliford’s Archie Bown, less than a minute after the restart, released Riley Green.   Home keeper, Seth Birungi Rao made a good save at Riley’s feet.

At the other end, Noah Andebrhan couldn’t quite reach Igor’s cross.

Isleworthians changed their goalkeeper 7 minutes into the half, introducing Owen Bennett.

Noah hit the ball across the Halliford goalmouth, without attracting a touch.   Then Louis Keane saved from Igor.   Alfie battled to win the ball and then set up Freddie Murphy-Welch, who fired just wide.

A good break by Halliford finished with a low cross shot by Archie Bown being saved by Owen Bennett.

Another spell of attacking by Isleworthians saw Trey Frempong scuff his shot to the keeper.   Then Thomas MOkpon worked through the defence but his shot was blocked by Marcus Dunne.  Alfie Hunt won the ball in a tackle and tested the keeper again.   Thomas burst through but his shot was blocked for a corner.

Home keeper, Owen Bennett made two good close-range saves, from Alfie Shrubb and then from Aymen Hussain.   He was hurt making the second save and required attention.   Then a high shot from around 25 yards by Archie Bown was just wide.

Thomas MOkpon made an incisive run but his cross was tipped away out of Alfie Hunt’s reach by the keeper.   Isleworthians then had a succession of shots, three from Trey Frempong and two from Thomas MOkpon, all of which were off target.

Trey Frempong takes on the keeper...

Trey Frempong had a one-on-one with the keeper but placed the ball past the far post.

...and places the ball wide

Louis Keane saves from Noah Andebrhan...

Noah Andebrhan made the score 3-0 in the 36th minute of the half.   He took the ball through the middle and Louis Keane saved his first shot, before he netted the rebound.

...but Noah nets the rebound

The keeper saves from David Correria

Louis then saved a high shot from David Correira

Noah is brought down...

Noah was brought down in the penalty area.   Perry Clancy hit the resulting penalty kick to the keeper’s right but outside the post.

...but Perry Clancy misses the penalty

Noah had another scoring chance in added time but Louis saved with his feet.

Experienced referee, Aiden Farrelly, handled events very well, letting the game flow and exerting the appropriate degree of control when necessary.

Result: Isleworthians Youth Reds 3   Halliford Colts Boys 0


Isleworthians Youth Reds: Seth Birungi Rao, Toby Hore, Yamah Hameed, Alfie Hunt, David Correira, Igor Zelechowski, Archie Woodhouse, Thomas MOkpon, Perry Clancy, Noah Andebrhan and Anthony Blauman.

Rolling substitutes: Freddie Murphy-Welch, Trey Frempong, Sultan Alin and Owen Bennett.

Managers: Scott Woodhouse and Simon Clancy

Halliford Colts Boys: Louis Keane, Archie Brown, Billy Flanagan, Malakai Fearon, Marcus Dunne, Alfie Shrubb, Max Montellier-Gordon, Ben Smith, Jack Dudman, Riley Green and Aymen Hussain.

Rolling substitutes: Ben Griffiths and Max Richardson-Jones.

Manager: Alex Flanagan   Assistant Manager: Andy Bown.

Isleworthians Youth Reds will be playing Chiswick FFF U15 Red (away) in Round 3, on Sunday, 4th December.

We thank Chris and Jim for covering this game, as ever they have selected some of their favourite shots from the match, which can be viewed throughout this report, Chris has also very kindly provided a full album of imagery from the game.

Chris & Jim’s Picks

Full Album courtesy of Chris Benn

Related Match Reports

View All