In May 2019, the Amateur FA, London FA and Middlesex FA, with significant backing from Wembley National Stadium Trust (WNST), developed a new coaching programme for females in London to create and develop 100 coaches each year for the next three years.
The programme aimed to address the shortage of female coaches across the capital and support the rapidly increasing player participation numbers with a ready, willing and able workforce who have been given the opportunity to flourish in a safe and developing coaching environment.
Now in its third year, the programme has engaged with 178 female coaches and enabled 85 to complete their FA Level 1 Coaching Award.
Being part of 100FC for coaches includes:
• A season's commitment to the programme
• Opportunity to coach within a grassroots club/programme
• FA DBS, BT Playmaker and Introduction to Coaching Football Course included
• Ongoing mentor support and CPD opportunities throughout the year
• Access to the 100FC network of coaches
What the journey looks like is different for all women, but one thing is consistent, they are part of a movement to increase the number of active female coaches in grassroots football in London.
42 clubs and organisations have also benefited from the programme with coaches entering placements in women’s and girls’ clubs across London. We recognised that for the programme to have a meaningful, lasting impact, the women involved require the opportunity to put their skills into practice and develop a love for the game through practical experiences in a safe environment.
Being a 100FC host club/organisation includes:
• A new female coach actively coaching at your club/organisation
• Upskilling a coach at your club/organisation to become a mentor for the 100FC coach
• Ongoing support for the 100FC mentor at your club
We are pleased to announce that 100 FC will open for the 2021 cohort of new coaches on Tuesday 6 July 2021. Applications close on 3 September 2021.
Apply for a funded place NOW if you are:
• Over 16 years of age
• Living or coaching in a London borough
• Ready to start your coaching journey
Click below to complete the coaches application form:
Apply to be a host club/organisation if your organisation:
• Is affiliated to the Amateur FA, London FA or Middlesex FA
• Can offer a minimum of a 10-week coaching placement
• Provide support to an aspiring female coach
Click below to complete the host application form:
Please note we have the right to close applications at our discretion.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Amateur FA: Samantha Brown – email@example.com
London FA: Amanda Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Middlesex FA: Katie Phillipson – email@example.com