The FA Futsal Referees Course is designed for anyone aged 14 and over who wants to join the fast-paced sport of Futsal. Whether learners want to referee in youth and adult leagues, men’s or women’s Futsal, The FA Futsal Referees’ Course is the starting point. Learners do not need to be an existing referee to attend the course.
Block 1 – Introduction to Refereeing and Pre-Course Activity (2 hours)
- Introduction to the DNA of English Refereeing and the process of completing the course.
- Overview of course expectations and commitments
- Basic outline of the Laws of the Game for Futsal
- Online video review
Block 2 – Practical and theory (5 hours)
- A mixture of practical and theoretical referee training, focusing on the key skills and techniques required to be a Futsal referee. This is then coupled with the practical application of the Law and the different scenarios can be faced in a game.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Signals & communication
- Fouls & misconduct
- Positioning & movements
Block 3 – Refereeing experience
- Learners will be required to referee five Futsal games and will be offered a mentor to support them at some/all of those games. Learners will also be required to complete a self-evaluation of each game.
Block 4 – Reflection, final test and next steps (2 hours)
- Learners will be required to attend a ‘call-back’ session after their five games, where they will have the opportunity to share their experiences on the games they have refereed. This will include what has worked well and what they might do differently in the future.
- At this session, they will also undertake a Laws of the Game test and will receive information on the next steps and the opportunities that will be available.
- Before starting Block 2, learners must complete a Safeguarding Children Workshop and a DBS check.
Date: Sunday, 16th January 2022
Venue: Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, London, UB8 3PH
Maximum number of attendees: 12