MFA Players Celebrate Scoring a goal


Jim Taylor
The Middlesex Under 18 team entertained Berks & Bucks FA in the 1st Round of the FA County Youth Cup


The Middlesex Under 18 team entertained Berks & Bucks FA in the 1st Round of the FA County Youth Cup, on Sunday last, 3rd November at the Honeycroft, home of Uxbridge FC.

We eventually triumphed 5-2 in an action-packed match, despite trailing by 2 goals after an hour’s play.

Middlesex had the better of the chances in the opening stages of the game. Trevan Robinson made a penetrating run into the visitors’ penalty area but Lendell Stewart’s shot went narrowly wide of the far post. Kahlil Francis was just beaten to Trevan’s low cross by a defender. Visiting keeper, Jordi Wilson got down well to Kahlil’s low drive and then leapt high to take Kahlil’s dangerous cross.

We then faded somewhat and allowed Berks & Bucks to dominate for a while. Our keeper, Harry Cawdron was extended by a low shot from Gabriel George, which he pushed for a corner.

We were penalised, following a pass back to the goalkeeper, by an indirect free kick in a dangerous position in our penalty area, but the defensive wall did its job and the ball was cleared.

Tyler Payne threatened the visitor’s goal after collecting a loose ball but his shot was headed off of the goal line by George Gilmour.

Matt Mihell went on a run up the middle to put Berks & Bucks ahead in the 25th minute. Harry Cawdron parried his shot but couldn’t prevent it crossing our goal line.

The visiting keeper pushed a shot, taken on the turn by Kahlil, into his side netting but we almost conceded a second goal just before the interval, when visiting striker, Bradley Farren hit our cross bar with a strike from outside the penalty area.

Half time score: Middlesex 0 Berks & Bucks 1

We went onto the attack in the opening moments of the second half and keeper, Jordi Wilson saved at Trevan’s feet, after the latter had been released by Ryan Morgan’s pass.

Then, Berks & Bucks were reduced to 10 players after Leslie Dhuru was shown the red card, following an uncontrolled tackle on Lendell Stewart.

Despite being outnumbered, our visitors mounted a series of attacks, spearheaded by Bradley Farren. Bradley’s spectacular volley finished safely clasped in Harry Cawdron’s midriff and then Harry saved again from him, at close range.

However, Bradley was successful 15 minutes into the second half, with a header from Matt Mihell’s corner, to put his side two goals in front.

We managed to hit back within 2 minutes, when Kahlil forced the ball home and within a further 4 minutes, we scored an equaliser. Lendell made ground before winning a free kick out wide, which was taken by Ronan Hutchins. Ronan’s kick produced a corner, taken by him, which was powerfully headed home by Ryan Morgan.

Jayden Moore, who had entered the fray as a substitute for Berks & Bucks after the interval, was looking dangerous and put a powerful shot narrowly wide.

Middlesex went ahead after 72 minutes through Kahlil’s second goal, a header from Lendell’s centre.

Jayden Moore produced a good run which troubled our defence but the ball was eventually forced away for a corner.

We increased our lead to 4-2 in the 78th minute, through a speculative long shot by Ronan Hutchins, which the goalkeeper half stopped but couldn’t hold.

With 5 minutes remaining, Lendell released Kahlil, who took the ball on and netted it. However, the referee had whistled for a foul on Kahlil, which resulted in a red card for visiting skipper, Luke Wayborn. Kahlil completed his hat trick by converting the penalty kick.

Final score: Middlesex 5 Berks & Bucks 2

Our thanks are given to Uxbridge FC for allowing us the use of their excellent facilities and for their superb hospitality on the day.


Middlesex: Harry Cawdron (Hanworth Villa), Michael Koscien (Edgware Town), Albi Balaj (Hanwell Town), Tyler Payne (Hanwell Town), Jack Warburton (Wealdstone) (capt), Barca Mirtahmasebi (Hayes & Yeading United), Lendell Stewart (Hanwell Town), Ronan Hutchins (Harefield United), Kahlil Francis (Edgware Town), Ryan Morgan (Wealdstone) and Trevan Robinson (Hanwell Town).

Substitutes: Felix Amoah (Edgware Town) for Trevan (82 minutes), Jack O’Malley (Wealdstone) for Ronan (87), Servet Bala (Magix) for Lendell (87) and Eric Negraru (goalkeeper).

Manager: John Fletcher Assistant Manager: Darrel Gyngell Coach: Wayne Little Physio: Gary Strudwick.

Berks & Bucks: Jordi Wilson (JMA), Charlie Wheeler (Wokingham & Embrook), Lesley Dhuru (Kinetic), Ben Mulley (Cox Green Academy), Luke Wayborn (Bracknell Town) (capt), George Gilmour (Didcot Town), Matt Mihell (Bracknell Town), Josh Harris (Wokingham & Embrook), Bradley Farren (Bracknell Town), Gabriel George (Bracknell Town) and Zayd Fahim (Chalfont St Peter).

Substitutes: Harvey Pope (JMA), Josh Elms (Eastleigh), Jayden Moore (Burnham), Ollie Allen (JMA) and Lucias Vine Eastleigh).

Manager: Aaron Steadman Coaches: Ben Cook & Sam Howse Physio: Jeni Meredith

Referee: Alastair Higgs Assistant Referees: David Payne and Gary Collins (all from Surrey FA),

A Full selection of photography is available, courtesy of chris benn

Related Match Reports

View All