Nike footballs on a training pitch

Enfield Town Youth win Jimmy Dyson U15 Cup

Jim Taylor
Enfield Town Youth took on Magix Youth at Middlesex FA's Rectory Park.

The Middlesex FA Under 15 Cup final was played at Middlesex FA’s Rectory Park Headquarters last Sunday afternoon, 7th April. The finalists, from an original entry of 54 teams, were Magix Youth and Enfield Town Youth. The duration of matches in this competition is 40 minutes each half. Enfield Town were convincing 7-0 winners.


Magix made a good start. Central defender George Little was prominent and he prompted several spells of action in the Enfield Town penalty box. His long free kick from the left was taken high up by keeper, Jamie Coleman. Then he took another long free kick, this time from the other side of the field, which produced a goalmouth scramble, leading to a corner. He volleyed wide from the resulting kick, which was taken by Oliver Davey. Then, he produced a very long throw, into the Enfield goalmouth.


However, Rowan Lincoln put Enfield Town ahead after 10 minutes, with a well-placed shot, low into the corner of the net.


Enfield dominated the proceedings for the remainder of the first half. Stefanos Georgiou ended a penetrating run with a cross shot which just missed the far post. Efezino Owhe, coming in from the far side, almost got to the ball. Max Frangiamore beat several defenders before placing his shot narrowly wide of the post.


In the 33rd minute, Efezino scored Enfield’s second goal with a terrific shot from outside the box, well out of the keeper’s reach into the top corner of the net.


5 minutes later, Mason Anderson headed Lucas Jordan’s wide free kick home for Town’s third goal.


Magix hit back and Jamie Coleman saved at Obayda Kallam’s feet, at the expense of a corner.


Half time score: Magix Youth 0   Enfield Town Youth 3


Magix took the initiative at the start of the second half and a concerted attack finished with Jamie Coleman making a great full length save at close range from Servet Bala.


Skipper Rowan Lincoln made a good penetrating run for Enfield but was blocked in the act of shooting by Servet.


In the 56th minute, Stefanos Georgiou converted a low cross by Calum Egan for Enfield Town’s 4th goal.


Stefanos added his 2nd and Town’s 5th goal, 2 minutes later, from Lucas Jordan’s through pass.


Lucas Jordan burst through the Magix defence but was thwarted by George Little. However, Enfield went 6 goals ahead in the 68th minute through Max Frangiamore, who placed the ball home from Stefanos’s pass.

David Lopes netted from close range for Magix but was adjudged to be offside.


Max Frangiamore’s free kick into the box was headed home by Nico Noto to complete the scoring in the 78th minute.


Referee Mervyn Hughes had a very good match, ably supported by his 3 colleagues.


Final Score: Magix Youth 0 Enfield Town Youth 7


The Guest of Honour, Middlesex FA Honorary Member, Robin Machell, assisted by Middlesex FA Designated Safeguarding Officer, Sharon Porter, presented the Cup and mementoes at the conclusion of the match. Robin chose commanding Enfield Town midfielder, Efezino Owhe, as Player of the Match.


The hard-working members of both the Middlesex FA Youth Cup Sub Committee and the Rectory Park Centre team ensured the success of yet another cup final.


The attendance was 176.



Robert Perry Smith, Tawheed Hayati, Jay Hines, Kobi Akins, George Little, Hosam Rouas, Obayda Kallam, David Lopes, Servet Bala, Oliver Davey (capt) and Aurel Madede,


Substitutes: (repeat substitutions are used in this competition): Rayan Autban, Jaseem McBain, Keyarn Cope-Chase, Zaid Bouaouda and Amin Mesic.


Manager:Ryan Moore

Assistant Manager: Mo Helen

Coach: Levi Stewart

Physio: Tholi Miya



Jamie Coleman, Mason Anderson, Adam Mays, Nico Noto, Martin Michev, Stefanos Georgiou, Rowan Lincoln (capt), Efezino Owhe, Alexander Pace, Max Frangiamore and Lewis Kingsbury.


Substitutes: Batuhan Bastug, Calum Egan, Harry Kinkela and Lucas Jordan.


Manager: Marcello Devizio

Assistant Manager: Andy Kingbury

Physio: Joe Olabanja


Referee: Mervyn Hughes

Assistant Referees: Ashleigh Goodall and Kissi Williams

Fourth Official: Daniel Culyer

Related Match Reports

View All