Middlesex FA U16 squad v London FA

Middlesex are beaten by London

Match report from Middlesex FA U16's South East Counties Youth Championship match versus London FA U16.

Our Under 16 team suffered its second consecutive South East Counties Championship defeat, on Sunday last at Uxbridge FC. After a promising start to the season, comprising of a draw against Kent at Faversham and a home victory against Essex, we have succumbed to Sussex and now to London.

The first half of an entertaining match was evenly contested and finished goalless. However, London took charge in the second period and finished worthy winners.

Middlesex goalkeeper, Damian Pawlak, was in action almost immediately, saving at Jack Gemmal’s feet when the latter was pursuing a perceptive through ball.

Middlesex then had the better of the early chances. Darren Kirton netted a long free kick by Joe Mills but the score was disallowed for a foul on London goalkeeper, Tommy Kemp. Felix Amoah gained possession in the London box but shot across goal. Tommy Kemp beat Rene Barnes to an excellent chip from Joe Mills. Then Tommy saved an acute angled shot by Felix. Eisa Azah was prominent in our midfield with his well judged tackling and good distribution.

London striker, Phlip Kourouma worked his way into a scoring position but was thwarted by a Rhys Williams tackle.

An awkwardly bouncing free kick from outside the penalty area by Joe Mills was competently handled by Tommy Kemp.

London put our defence under increasing pressure as the half time interval approached, providing an indication of what was to come in the second half. Damian Pawlak did well to hold onto a well struck high shot by Jack Gemmal. Then Phlip Kourama won the ball in midfield and fed Oliver Farmer. Oliver took the ball wide, worked his way along our goal line through a couple of tackles and brought another good save from Damian.

Damian made yet another excellent save, at close range from Jack Gemmal.

Half time score:  Middlesex 0  London 0

The first goalmouth action of the second period saw Damian saving at Mo Deen’s feet. Then, at the other end, Omar Mohammad’s header was too high, following Liam Bakry’s run and a cross from Trevan Robinson.

London went ahead in the 10th minute of the half with a splendid individual goal by Harry Kemp, who embarked on a run from deep and evaded 3 tackles before netting.

They doubled their lead within 2 minutes, when good approach work found Mo Deen alone in or penalty area. He made no mistake with his finish.

Joe Mills fired just wide from 25 yards but London resumed their attack and Damian saved from Jack Gemmal. He then kept out a fierce low drive from Tafari Jallim with his shin.

We pulled a goal back in the 21st minute of the half, forcing the ball home after some intense goal line activity. Felix Amoah got the last touch.

Harry Kemp restored London’s 2 goal advantage and clinched their victory from close range 5 minutes later, following good approach work by Mo Deen and Palace Francis.

The game was impeccably handled by referee Fadi Mansour and his assistants.

Final Score:  Middlesex 1   London 3


Damian Pawlak (Hanwell Town Youth), Rhys Williams (Brook House), George Deacon, Liam Bakry (capt) (both Ruislip Rangers), Darren Kirton (Sandgate Youth), Eisa Azab (Brook House), Joe Mills (Ruislip Rangers), Matthew Dones (Borehamwood Youth), Trevan Robinson (Brook House), Felix Amoah (Wembley Youth) and Rene Barnes (Hanwell Town Youth).

Substitutes (repeat substitutions were used): Shane Kettle, Omar Mohammad (both Brook House) and Sam Mason (Wealdstone).

Manager:  Wayne Little   Assistant Manager: Remi Bignall   Coach: Danny Gyngell.   Physio: Gary Strudwick.


Tommy Kemp, Harry Kemp (both Cray Valley), Ernest Turay (Bromley), Ben Marus (capt) (Carshalton Athletic), Cole Glazebrook (Cray Valley), Oliver Farmer (Bromley), Mo Deen, Josiah Jones, Phlip Kourouma (all Cray Valley), Jack Gemmal (Fisher) and Declan Frith (Bromley).

Substitutes: Tafari Jallim (Fisher), Caden Foley (Greenwich Borough), Nathan Gale (Welling), Kareem Gbajabiamila (Dulwich Hamlet) and Palace Francis (Total Development).

Manager: Kojo Korang   Assistant Manager: Carl White   Physio: Chevon White.

Referee: Fadi Mansour   Assistant Referees: Nigel Hickes and Roger Wheeler (all Middlesex FA)

Our thanks are again given to Uxbridge FC for allowing us the use of their fine facilities and for looking after us so well. We appreciate their continued  support.

Photos from the game are available below, courtesy of Chris Benn. 

View photos

Related Match Reports

View All