PITCH IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME
Middlesex FA are working with The FA and Grounds Management Association (GMA) to improve the quality grass pitches locally through the FA’s Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP).
The key principles behind the PIP are to provide clubs and their pitch providers with expert advice and practical solutions for developing and
maintaining their grass pitches and improving playing surfaces.
As part of the grass Pitch Improvement Programme, Middlesex FA is offering:
- Two visits to your facility to inspect all pitches from our Regional Pitch Advisor (one pre-pitch improvement work – and one post-pitch improvement work) PLEASE NOTE; this process may be completed online through the new Football Foundation PitchPower App
- Advice on how to improve and maintain pitches
- Access to and support in applying for Football Foundation grant funding
- Support from Football Foundation technical advisors for facility development
- Support from Middlesex FA’s Head of Participation & Development
- Free access to pitch maintenance training, provided by the Regional Pitch Advisor
All this support is available for a small cost:
1. Charter Standard Club - £50
2. Local Authority Partner - £75
3. Club/Other Organisation - £100
Get In Touch
Phone: 020 8515 1927
MIDDLESEX FA’S OFFICIAL PITCH IMPROVEMENT PARTNER!
Middlesex FA is proud to partner with Greenblades to help support the improvement of grass football pitches across the county for the 2020-21 season.
Greenblades are a sports turf maintenance company based in West London who offer one-off services as well as on-going maintenance for grass pitches. They have extensive experience in maintaining and improving grass pitches within football, having worked with Middlesex clubs including Hanwell Town and Northwood.
Middlesex FA’s official Pitch Improvement Partner can help with a variety of services including:
- Slitting – aeration treatment
- Fertilising – strengthens and feeds pitches
- Scarification – removes surface dead grass/debris and improves airflow
- Verti Draining – improves drainage and air circulation
- Application of top dressing – creating better growth
- Overseeding – improves grass coverage
- Linear Decompaction (Shockwave) – improves aeration and removes surface water
- End of season renovations
- Full maintenance programmes
For a full list of services and prices, please download the services and price list at the bottom of the page.
You can contact Greenblades via Tomfirstname.lastname@example.org or 07766396620. Be sure to quote Middlesex FA when enquiring.
Follow @Greenblades_ on Twitter to see some of the work carried out by Tom and the team.
You can also visit their new website.