Be Ready for Affiliation
Middlesex FA are pleased to announce that Club Affiliation for 2021/22 will be available from Monday 24th May 2021.
With this in mind, we have put together some information that will be useful in completing your club affiliation for the 2021/22 season.
HOW SHOULD YOU GET READY?
Before starting the affiliation process all clubs should:
- Ensure all invoices from last season are paid
- Ensure all player suspensions from last season have been assigned fixtures (unless the suspension is carrying over to next season)
In addition, YOUTH CLUBS are required to:
- All Coaches listed on WGS
- All Coaches have an in-date FA DBS
- All mandatory Officials (Secretary, Chairman, Treasurer and Welfare Officer) have an in-date Committee Members Safeguarding Qualification.
- Welfare Officer has the following Qualifications: FA Safeguarding Children in Football Workshop, Welfare Officers Workshop, Committee Members Safeguarding and an FA DBS.
*Links for courses are provided further below.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Once logged in, select your Club Role, and the affiliation tab is located down the left-hand side. When using the Whole Game System your application does not have to be completed in one go. You can always save your progress and come back to it at a later time, which can be particularly useful if you are a large club. Club Chairman, Secretary, Welfare Officer and Treasurer are able to access the Affiliation form.
There is no deadline for Affiliation, however, please consult with your League who may require your Club to be affiliated by a certain date.
If you are a new club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Proposed Club Name
- Name, DOB & Email Address of the Club Secretary.
- Home Ground Borough
We will then add you to the system and provide you with your login details for the Whole Game System.
FEES & INSURANCE
We are delighted to confirm the following decisions have been approved to help support you, our clubs, leagues and the wider grassroots game for the 2021/22 season:
- Free Club and Team Affiliation
- Discounted Personal Accident Insurance through UK Global Group
Insurance can now be purchased during the Affiliation process on the Whole Game System. Middlesex FA have partnered with a new insurance company called UKGlobal Group who will be providing discounted Insurance.
- Personal Accident Insurance
The Personal Accident Insurance premiums for registered members of affiliated clubs, including players, committee members and club officials for Season 2021/2022 will be:
Adult £53.50 (per team)
Youth £14.00 (per team)
*On the Affiliation form, please select “purchase insurance at a later date”, this will allow the Club to move to the next stage for which the specific Insurance products can be selected.
If you choose to purchase Personal Accident Insurance with a different provider, you must meet our minimum level requirements and must provide evidence of cover before Affiliation can be approved.
Those teams that require benefits above Scale 1 (£30 weekly/£120 monthly benefit) should contact Fiona Lavery at UKGlobal (email@example.com or 01252 734539) to discuss specific requirements for a bespoke package.
All Personal Accident Insurance Invoices must be paid by 1st September unless your League commences earlier.
- Public Liability Insurance
This can be purchased through the Affiliation process on the Whole Game System. The fee for the 2021/2022 season is £24.00 per Club.
SAFEGUARDING INFO & COURSES:
- SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN COURSE
- Existing Coaches – After 30th June 20201, all Learners who have previously completed the Safeguarding Children Workshop or Re-Certification will be able to re-certify, free of charge. The new Safeguarding Children Course can be accessed here.
- New Coaches - If you have not previously attended the full FA Safeguarding Children workshop and wish to gain your qualification, then you can complete this via The FA Safeguarding Children course. This can be accessed online here.
- SAFEGUARDING FOR COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- WELFARE OFFICER WORKSHOP
- DBS – All DBSs are required to be processed through WGS.
- Welfare Officers – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Coaches – Please contact your Welfare Officer for the DBS process and verification.
Following on from last season we will continue to prohibit clubs from using “Academy” within their Club Name unless they meet the FA Criteria.
For season 2021/2022 Player Registration through The FA’s Club Portal is mandatory. Therefore, we STRONGLY encourage all clubs to access clubs.thefa.com and remove any players that are no longer part of your club or have duplicate FANs. Any questions or support please contact email@example.com.
Clubs can enter the Middlesex FA County Cups for the 2021/2022 season.
- Youth Boys (U12 – U18 & Senior Youth Cup)
- Youth Girls (U12, U14, U16, U18)
- Adult Male (This is determined after consultation with the Leagues)
- Adult Female (Capital Women’s Cup – A joint Cup administered by Middlesex FA, London FA, Surrey FA and AFA).
This can be selected through the affiliation form, for each individual team. Please note: Teams are only permitted to enter external County FA Cups in addition to Middlesex FA. Ensure you have confirmed with your League that is allowed within their Rules.
Middlesex FA discipline is available through the Whole Game System, enabling clubs, leagues and referees to process their discipline matters at their own convenience. Clubs can acknowledge and pay for discipline cases; leagues can view suspensions and their online statement and referees can upload discipline reports.
Please see below guidance which will assist you with your day-to-day discipline processing:
All clubs will automatically be placed Online for Discipline once the 2021/22 affiliation is completed. If you have any questions regarding this then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
We are here to help. If you have any questions or need some advice please contact the office on 0208 515 1919 or email email@example.com and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once the Club submits its Affiliation to Middlesex FA, this will then be reviewed. There are various checks that the staff will undertake before invoicing the Club. It is extremely important that the information provided in this form is as accurate and detailed as possible to avoid delays to your affiliation.
Only once the Club have been invoiced and have paid, will Club’s receive their affiliation number.