The purpose of a written assessment is:
- To assist the Referee to improve performance
- Motivate the Referee to adopt the advice
- To raise the standard of Referees with the county.
- To provide critical information to the County FA
- The Football Association Assessors' Handbook, says the Assessor is the "Guardian of standards of the Laws of Game"
The qualities for an Assessor include the following criteria:-
- Substantial Refereeing Experience
- Knowledge of current Law
- View game through eyes of Referee
- Critically analyse performance
- Identify strengths
- Identify perceived development areas
- Offer solutions to eliminate shortcomings
- Write a quality, balanced and honest report on the referees’ performance.
We welcome your interest if you wish to become an assessor. Applications will be considered from retired or active referees who wish to be trained as an assessor. Assessors must not be below Level 6 with proven experience or, if not active, have been a minimum of Level 6 [or equivalent].
Applications should be sent to either Ray Herb, Middlesex FA Referee Development Manager, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0208 515 6910, or to Jim Upfold, Middlesex FA Assessing Coordinator, email@example.com, and discuss what great opportunities assessing brings.