The Middlesex FA Skills Team provides expert coaching in primary schools, after school skills centres, Charter Standard football clubs and holiday sessions.
Our aim is to develop better and more technically gifted football players but also to give every child the opportunity to be the best they can be. The programme is a nationwide initiative run by The Football Association and funded by Lidl and Sport England.
We can offer:
- Primary School Football Coaching and teacher CPD
- After School Football Sessions at our Skills Centres
- Charter Standard Club Support and CPD
- Girls only football sessions
- Holiday Sessions during most school holidays
How we coach:
The FA Skills programme incorporates the England DNA model to develop young players. (see www.englanddna.com for more details)
At ages 5 to 11 our priorities are:
- Stay on the ball, master the ball.
- Excite with the ball and seek creative solutions.
- Connect and combine creatively with others.
- Positive and enthusiastic defending.
- Intelligent defending.
- Master a variety of defensive techniques and roles.
- Instinctive decision-making.
- Positive and intelligent attacking reactions.
- Positive and intelligent defensive reactions.
Our coaches work within the FA four corner model which encompasses four key attributes that are vital for any developing young footballer. Physical, Technical, Psychological and Social. These help children to develop more than just their football skills by gaining confidence, building self-esteem, learning to work as a team and improving decision making.
To register interest and further information about The FA Skills Programme in Middlesex please contact Adam Henry. firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile + 44 (0) 7943 550210