The Referees' Association provides important support, guidance and mentoring to grassroots referees.
Referees Societies are local branches of the Referees Association organised by referees for the benefit of Referees. Local societies operate like a self-help group where you can meet with other referees to discuss different aspects of your game, share experiences and debate issues.
Other benefits of joining the Referees Association include:
- Membership of a strong national association through your local society
- Monthly meetings in your locality for social and cultural activities
- Comradeship and advice on refereeing matters from experienced colleagues
- Assistance with your development as a referee
- Representation of your interests at County and National levels with the full support from the RAE should you be the victim of unfortunate circumstances or should you receive unjust treatment.
- Guidance on matters affecting promotion.
- Direct access to the best range of referee kit and equipment in the country
- Personal accident insurance cover while on refereeing duties
- Membership of the Benevolent Fund
- IPRS supervised physiotherapy – for full members
- Free motor insurance legal cover
You will be welcome at any meeting of your local Society / Branch Association. For details of membership of the RA, or for any information on meetings, please contact your local branch Secretary from the list shown.