The Academy is not intended for new referees. To assist these officials, we have established regional Development Groups, which are "stepping stones" for referees that show promise at an early stage of their refereeing career.
The Academy aims to achieve refereeing excellence and to encourage referees to seek and achieve promotion to the highest levels of the game.
We currently have 26 members within the Academy. These range from levels 4 to 7. MCFA aims to identify referees to join the Academy that show desire and commitment to further their careers.
MCFA and the Academy Co-ordinator, Liam Walshe, have high expectations of all the members of the Academy. These expectations are to be met by ALL academy members. These include:
- Attendance at all meetings
- Exceptional administration
- Submit a schedule of forthcoming games to their mentor
- Forward all assessments to their mentor for review
- Maintain regular contact with the Academy Co-ordinator
- Show progression within their refereeing career whilst a member of the group
- Commit to aiming to progress onto the Regional Development Group for London
APPLICATION TO JOIN THE GROUP
Contact should be made with Liam Walshe, Academy Co-ordinator, to express an interest in joining the group. He can be contacted on email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile: 07778 133894.
If you would like any more information please contact Liam or Dan Lauszkin by email to email@example.com.