The Football Association has launched an £8million commitment to improve grass football pitches across the country.
Over the next four years, The FA will implement the Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP), which will deliver improvements to more than 2,000 pitches – a central pillar of The FA’s 2018-21 National Game Strategy for Participation and Development.
The Pitch Improvement Programme will provide a range of support services to grassroots clubs, club volunteers and grounds teams, including on-side evaluations with practical advice and recommendations. It will also include a range of measures to help develop the skills and knowledge of volunteers and grounds staff, including seminars and workshops.
In partnership with Sport England and other governing bodies, The FA has also developed a dedicated website, where details of how clubs can access help can be found
Middlesex FA is now accepting expression of interest from clubs and other partner who manage the maintenance of grass pitches within the county. Please complete and return the form available at the link below – and return to your local Football Development Officer.
Click here to download the expression of interest form
As part of the grass Pitch Improvement Programme, Middlesex FA is offering:
- Two visits to your facility to inspect all pitches from our Regional Pitch Advisor (one pre-pitch improvement work – and one post-pitch improvement work)
- Advice on how to improve and maintain pitches
- Access and support to Football Foundation grant funding
- Support from Football Foundation technical advisors for facility development
- Support from your local Football Development Officer for all football participation and developments within your club or local area
- Free access to pitch maintenance training, providing by the Regional Pitch Advisor
All of this support is available for a small cost:
1. Charter Standard Club - £50
2. Local Authority Partner - £75
3. Club/Other Organisation - £100
Please submit your expression of interest form to your local Football Development Officer and we will be back in touch along with our Regional Pitch Advisor to organise your visit and payment.
Football Development Officers
Kelly Hancock (North – Barnet, Brent and Enfield) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Abel (West – Harrow, Hillingdon and Spelthorne) – email@example.com
Ebony Beckford (East – Ealing, Hounslow and Richmond) – firstname.lastname@example.org