Retain the Game, which is funded by The FA and delivered by the Football Foundation, is offering existing grassroots football clubs grants of £750 to continue offering valued playing opportunities in organised football.
The grants are designed to cover core costs that are incurred by grassroots clubs, including matchday and training facility hire, First Aid training and new Nike kit and equipment through a bespoke voucher.
These grants will support clubs’ adult male teams in three age categories:
- Under-17 to Under-21
- Open Age
Who can apply?
Grassroots clubs that meet the following criteria will be eligible to apply:
- Adult clubs with two or more adult male teams that hold the FA’s Adult Charter Standard award, Charter Standard Development or Charter Standard Community Club award
- Adult clubs with two or more adult male teams who commit to become Adult Charter Standard within the 2018/19 season
Who can't apply?
- Walking Football
- Futsal teams
- Small sided football teams
- University, College and Armed Forces Intramural teams
- New teams
- Clubs that have received Grow the Game funding for an adult male team in the past two years
Should the fund be oversubscribed, clubs that meet the following criteria will be prioritised:
- Clubs in existence for ten or more seasons
- Clubs in existence for between five and nine seasons
- Clubs with three or more adult male teams
- Clubs who operate in leagues employing The FA’s ‘Full Time’ system
What if our club is not Charter standard?
In order to apply for Retain the Game, non-Charter Standard clubs will need to demonstrate they are willing to commit and work towards Charter Standard status. This requires clubs to contact Middlesex FA and initiate the process prior to submitting an application. Application forms can be found here.
The application window for Retain the Game is now open and closes on Wednesday 30 May.
Clubs seeking more information on the programme should either contact Lynsey Edwards at Middlesex FA on email@example.com, or visit the Football Foundation website via the link below.
Find out more