From Friday 1st December 2017 grassroots clubs and organisations in Middlesex will be invited to apply to deliver a SSE Wildcats Centre in 2018.
Launched earlier this year, the programme aims to increase the number of girls’ participating in football and is a key part of The FA’s commitment to doubling Women’s and Girls’ football participation by 2020.
For those participating, the aim is simple; have fun, make friends and play football.
What is a SSE Wildcats Centre?
An SSE Wildcats Centre is an opportunity for girls aged 5-11 to have fun, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and lay the foundations for a lifelong love of sport.Sessions are delivered by qualified coaches on a weekly basis, either after school or at weekends.
There are already 200 SSE Wildcats Centres nationally and The FA and SSE are now creating a further 800 SSE Wildcats Centres across England in 2018 – including 16 in Middlesex.
Ready to apply?
Ready to be part of this exciting programme and deliver an SSE Wildcats Centre? Great, here’s what you need to know before you start:
- In the first instance, you need to make contact with Middlesex FA Football Development Officer, Craig Nicholson by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 8515 6902.
- SSE Wildcats Centre must run for a minimum of 16 weeks during the spring/summer of 2018
- SSE Wildcats Centres must also demonstrate how they plan on attracting a minimum of 30 girls each week, and how the activity will be sustained post funding
- All organisations receive £900 start-up grant & 30 Nike Footballs
- All SSE Wildcats Centres must complete registers at each session and upload them to the online system on a weekly basis. This is a crucial part of the funding criteria; failure to upload registers may result in the funding being withdrawn
- Participants should reflect the diversity of the population of the local area and organisations should be inclusive of disabled participants
- Any organisation that meets the SSE Wildcats Centre criteria can apply
|Application window opens
||1st December 2017
|Application window closes
||8th January 2018
|Successful Organisations notified
||1st February 2018
|SSE Wildcats Centre Training
||February & March 2018
|National, Regional & Local Marketing
||February & March 2018
|SSE Wildcats Centre start date
||W/C 9th April 2018
|FA Girls' Football Week
||23rd-29th April 2018
For more information on the centre’s including further criteria, funding opportunities and training and support, check out the guidance document below.
Download the Guidance
Click the button below to access the SSE Wildcats Girls' Football Centre application form: