The programme offers clubs 50 hours of mentoring by an FA Club Mentor, providing targeted support to challenge coaches to excel in their work and enhance their coaching standards. The aim is to support the coaching workforce not only with their training sessions but also how they translate their coaching to match day situations.
- To raise the standards of coaching
- To recruit , employ and develop a network of FA Club Mentors
- To provide FA Charter Standard Community Clubs and others with 50 hours of free mentoring
- Provide on ground support to actively engaged coaches
- To empower and train club coaches to become internal club mentors creating a legacy within the club
What does it look like for your club?
- Creating a whole club coaching philosophy
- Practical demonstrations to club coaches
- Transferring coaching sessions to match day
- Involving players and parents/spectators in the process
- Bringing FA Future Game to life via practices
- Observation and feedback at coaching & match days
- Individual action plans for coaches
- Coaches identified and trained as internal club mentors
Regional Coach Mentor Anthony Ferguson said “this initiative has proved very successful with a number of players, coaches, parents and clubs identifying areas for development and working together to address them with appropriate support of the mentor. This can only lead to better players and coaches being retained in our beautiful game!”
To apply for an FA Coach Mentor at your club or for more information please contact email@example.com.